Congratulations to everyone who participated in the Assessment at Northern Kentucky University. For those of you that might not know judges record the school’s performances and provide them with immediate feedback. The bands and their directors are also asked to sight-read. They have a few minutes to view the music before they perform in front of a judge. Wow, I would think that would be the most stressful part of this event! All the judges scores are combined for an overall rating. Here a re few highlights we would like to mention…
The following ensembles were named exemplary groups by the adjudicators:
– Gray Middle School 8th Grade Band – Bill Kidwell
– Turkey Foot Middle School 7th Grade Band – Jana Bromley
– Highlands High School Chamber Orchestra – Kathy Anderson
– Beechwood High School Symphonic Band – Joe Craig & Adam Proctor
– Ryle High School Honors Wind Symphony – Bob Elliott
A special mention and thank you go out to Mr. Chris Miller, Director of Bands and Walton-Verona High School for serving again as this years Assessment Manager.